Monitor cassandra node(check_by_ssh+cassandra-cli)There's several ways to monitor cassandra node with Nagios or Icinga such as, JMX or check_jmx. Though they are fairly effective way to monitor cassandra, they need to take some time to prepare. I am afraid that using check_by_ssh and cassandra-cli is more simple than those ones and no need to install any libraries except for cassandra itself.
- setup the file to load statements
setup the statement file in the cassandra node to be monitored.
"show cluster name;" shows its cluster name.
- plugin status when cassandra is running(service status is OK)
- plugin status when cassandra is stopped(service status is CRITICAL)
Monitor multinode cluster(check_cassandra_cluster.sh)The plugin has been released at Nagios Exchange and see the detail there, please.
check if the number of live nodes which belong to multinode cluster is less than the specified number.
it is enable to specify the threshold with option -w <warning> and -c <critical>.
get the number of live nodes, their status, and performance data.
- software requirements
cassandra(using nodetool command)
- command help
- when service status is OK
- when service status is WARNING
- when status is CRITICAL
- when the threshold of warning is less than the one of critical