This is a quick instruction to apply AWS MFA with Google Authenticator.
- Install Google Authenticator in your smartphone.
Cf. Virtual MFA applications
- Enable virtual MFA application with the official instruction.
* Sign in to the AWS Management Console and move to IAM section.
* Click Manage MFA.
* Select "A Virtual MFA device" and click "Next Step".
* Just click "Next Step".
* Scan the QR code on the screen by Google Authenticator and confirm the two codes and enter them.
* Click "Finish" after successfully associating the MFA device.
- Confirm that the AWS root account is available with Google Authenticator.
* Sign in to the AWS management console with your AWS root account.
* Confirm the authentication code with Google Authenticator and enter the code.
- Delete your AWS account root access key.
Security status, "Delete your root access keys" will be green after deleting it.
I checked the cloud providers that support Multi-Factor Authentication, but not so many providers support it?